Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday, Sunday...

We are the All American Family Sunday day peeps. Cram all you can into Sunday because Monday is usually Manic for Matt. The sun is rising early which makes it much easier to drag my non-morning self out of bed. Matt tried to give me some time to sleep-in but Kyle was just not accepting his Chocolate milk from Daddy today. I certainly don't make it any better than him because we buy it mixed, but we are going through a Momma's boy phase, or let's hope it's a phase. The sunshine made me want to get an early start on the day anyway, so I through on some Dunkin clothes and hit the early moring Dunks for coffee and D duts (munchins) for Kyle and I enjoy a Sunday Drive. Yup, you heard me, I'm a Sunday driver. You remember, those old people who are creeping through the town looking at the same things we pass daily? I think it's more of a "how long can I stretch this trip" thing for me, but I'll accept Sunday driver as a title. Loco the dog hops in the front seat with me and I sing out loud to some Tom Petty on my MP3 (seeing him in concert for my 30th). Seeing where I think I can sing, I usually sing quite loud and Loco does not agree with me about the being able to sing part because she literally howls while I sing. I like to think she's just joining in, but I should just face it, she wants me to shut my piehole and let Tom do the singing! Mmmm iced coffee from the good Dunks (that just happens to be a bit farther away) windows cracked because it's still early and it isn't quite sunroof weather yet but I'm enjoying every moment anyway.....and I think twice about hitting up Lowes for some early garden supplies....but Ky's at home waiting for the D duts, anxiously I'm sure.

I head home and our sunday begins watching the fishing show called Go Fisch about a couple and there little girl who fish all around the world. I explain to Ky that someday we'll be pitching Go Grady to this network and we'll be off on our own family offshore adventures. Outside for some yardwork before the rain comes and then to quote Will Ferrell in Old School " a little Bed Bath & Beyond, maybe Home Depot, if we have time." My confession, I love every second of it. Spending time as a family, whether we are raking leaves, having lunch or crusing the 2x4's in Home Depot being with family is key and I love mine more than life itself. Sad to see Sunday go, maybe I should add Sunday's to the board. Am I going overBOARD!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

making me jealous with all that Dunkin' talk...dunkin clothes? Do you still have your old uniform?

Erica said...

No, but I could really use a pair of those great tan pleated pants though! Basically Dunkin clothes are just enough clothes on and clean enough to constitute a Dunky run!