Saturday, May 31, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Saturday, May 24, 2008
We had a beautiful wedding shower for Auntie Erin last week that went perfectly! Yummy food, great friends and family, fun times with toilet paper! And most of all, Erin enjoyed herself and was happy. We are so excited about Jamaica. It will be Ky's 1st trip on a plane. I'm sure he'll have everyone wrapped around his finger by the end of the flight.
Let's see, what else has been going on. Not too much! Enjoying my favorite time of year, with my favorite people!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
- Understand the law. If you don’t properly dispose of the American flag properly, you could be breaking federal law and be liable for fines and, in rare cases, imprisonment.
- Follow custom. Burning a tattered American flag is the preferred method of disposal according to The Flag Code approved by Public Law 829 on December 22, 1942 by the 77th Congress, 2nd Session.
- Contact a local veterans or scouting organization to see if they accept flags for proper disposal. Many groups hold annual flag burning ceremonies on June 14, Flag Day.
- Create your own flag burning disposal ceremony as long as you obey the law. The ceremony must be a respectful, private occasion, not a public display.
- Contact the National Flag Foundation, local scout or veterans groups for recommended flag retirement and burning ceremonies if you wish to conduct your own.
- Mail your tattered flag to an organization, such as Flag Keepers, for proper disposal.
WOW, who'd have known it would be such a project. I mean, I figured it would be a sin to just toss it in the trash, but a CRIME?! Yikes. Good news is, Flag Day ( My birthday) has a new meaning to me! So, this year when I turn (ahem 30) we will be at the Tom Petty concert and somewhere my flag will be burning at the American Legion and I'll be dodging going to the clink for properly disposing of the American Flag! Happy Flag Day to me!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
- Feeling closer to Chris than I have in YEARS through the updates
- documenting my life. crazy, funny and all
- Getting to know your kids
- an outlet for a SAHM
- comrades with other Moms
- Julie's blogs who I don't even know but wish I did cause she's funny as hell
- feeling a part of something
- cooking tips!
- Parenting tips
This is fun!!!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Saturday, May 3, 2008
A group photo of the family! Laura's kids are so awesome. They are growing up so darn fast it's incredible. And they are growing up to be really cool people. Kyle loves spending time with them. It is really too bad we don't get to see each other as often as we like. Each family is trying to convince the other to move closer....we haven't come to an agreement yet :) But, when we do get together its as if we've lived next door to each other every day of our entire lives which is a nice feeling. Jake is something else...11 yrs old and can hold a conversation far above my head already. He knows facts that some of the highest educators would have to stop and think about I'm sure, and at the same time so lovable! He melts you and makes you laugh at the same time. His 1 liners put Seinfeld to shame. Can you say King of the Jungle? This is it (although really he's king of the cement jungle now). What an incredible creature. His size and beauty are stunning. Yet, he also seems like just a much larger version of a house cat. He's chillin', lapping his mane, rolling on his back, letting out a big yawn. And then he does the amazing, he stands up for what seems to be a stretch and a stroll around and he lets out a roar that stopped us all in our tracks. I have never heard a lion roar up close and personal and this thing was either say "what's up" or saying "I am giant, I am not happy about this situation and I'd step away if I was you" When he strolled around and ended up looking straight into my camera I got the feeling his message was the latter. His roar was like nothing I could mimic or explain. Later in the day on the other side of the zoo we could hear him roaring again and it was very clear that his voice in meant to be heard from far distance. Another great family shot. I don't waste a moment trying to get a nice group photo. This is actually 1 of about 10 quick shots where everyone was looking at me. Good thing this camera can shoot continuous!