Friday, May 9, 2008

A Chain Letter?

Did I just open my mail and a chain letter fell out? I am pretty sure I'm not dreaming. Don't go fallin' off your chair as you read this and get in trouble for reading my blog when you are supposed to be working. I have been fighting the spring allergies with Kyle and my head's a bit groggy from lack of sleep, but a freakin' chain letter. I will allow the person who mailed this to me to remain nameless because, well let's face it, seriously? Not to mention they have never owned a computer and couldn't possibly fathom the idea of a blog. I can't even remember the last time I communicated through the actual mail for anything of seriousness. Most of our mail (like everyone else's) is pure junk. I pay all my bills online, I keep in touch with friends online (bloggin' case and point) and the same goes for the business stuff. So I occasionally glance and the junk mags to see what kind of junk is really out there, but to open a letter was shocking enough, never mind a chain letter. I will not even tell you how close this person lives to me either, Ok I will...NEXT DOOR! Yes, they wrote out, with pen a chain letter, put a stamp on it, drove farther to the post office to mail it than it would have been to hand it to me. I guess I am thankful for that though, because then I'd have to acknowledge it and actually send them out. Ohhh maybe I should scratch the ticket to see if I've won! If I do win, I take back all I've said. I'll be back..............

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is so funny! I get so many of those child book club chain letters and I am the one that doesn't do it and breaks some kids heart when their book doesn't arrive in the mailbox. Seriously, chain letters are so 1990.

Anonymous said...

Ha! The last 1 I got was for kids stickers...send this to 6 people & you'll get 40 packs of stickers blah, blah...I guess I'm not too cool for that panty chain letter anymore...I could use a purple thong, too.