Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Wonderful Day being Kyle's Mom

Happy Mother's Day


Today was a wonderful day and it just happens to be Mother's Day too. Two new apple trees were delivered and planted in our yard to my surprise. They are meant to represent 1 from Ky and 1 from Matt, they are beautiful and they will be a reminder every time I look at them that I am blessed with them both in my life. We had planned on brunch at our house and decided to let someone else cook, give the mother's a day off and took the party to the Fireside Restaurant instead. Matt, Ky, Mammy Lu, Papa Dan and Auntie Erin joined me for a delicious meal. Auntie has a way of making me tear up with her thoughtful gifts and cards, so it took all I had not to burst into tears of joy at the table. The weather was perfect so we then took advantage and went to the playground where we all laughed and played like kids. It's amazing what wonderful things Kyle brings out in each of us. We all swung on the swings, slid down slides and danced in circles smiling from ear to ear every moment. These are the moments that truly warm my heart and soul to the core. It is true that we are only as old or as young as we feel and act. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing in Mammy & Papa's yard enjoying each other and ice cream sundae's. Kyle fell asleep in my arms on the couch after the fun-filled day spent truly enjoying each other's company. I love you all. Thank you for an amazing day and for being so good to me and truly loving me. There is nothing I could be more happy about or proud of than being Kyle's Mom. I realize Mother's Day is intended to thank the Mom's, but I am the one who is thankful.

No comments: