Friday, March 21, 2008

Ahhh, the life....









My husband is, well, thrifty and also loves to surprise me. Around the end of August knowing that our 2nd yr anniversary was approaching I start dropping hints. Knowing that he doesn't like to make plans to far ahead and also isn't quite the spur of the moment type of guy I usually have to plant an idea and work from there. "Wouldn't it be nice to get away for the weekend?" I say. "We'll see." is commonly his responce. We are almost always making plans depending on the business and how busy things are and since that is a week to week, day to day thing basically we never know! So, skip to a week before our anniversary...I was being...well let's face it, I was not happy with the lack of plans. Because our lives depend on the business and it's success and Matt's hard work I TRY to be understanding most of the time. So anyhow, Wednesday morning Matt's off to work and while coming to kiss me and Ky goodbye he say's "Oh and by the way, pack for the weekend, we leave Friday 1st thing in the morning for Vermont". "What, who, when, how?" through morning breath and groggy eyes I mutter. "Yup, been planned for a month now, we are going away.". So, now to the thrifty part of my hubby's master plan. "I only have to Bat Proof the house and it's our for the weekend!" (For the more squimish wife I am sure the shock would be the bat part, but let's face it, I married a hunter and we own a wildlife business) My only thought was, where are the suitcases! Here are a few of my favorite shots from the beautiful, relaxing weekend in Vermont at the great family home on a Lake with my hubby and our awesome little man. I will also mention how great it is to see Matt really relax. It's a rare site and always deserved. Ahhhhh, my kind of vacation. I would just LOVE to live on a lake......

No comments: