Sunday, June 15, 2008

Let me introduce ...

my new boyfriend...
This show was quite possibly the best live performance I've ever seen. I've seen a few really great shows, great music, great stage performance, great sets, but musically this was the best show I've seen. What a great 30th birthday! Kell, Justy, Matt and I had pretty good seats too. We were surrounded by cool people who were really enjoying the show (everyone in the audience was). And I was reminded of how awesome it is to see a show at Great Woods. Well, it was turned to Tweeter center and now Comcast center, but it will always be Great Woods to me. A really young crowd overall too, I was expecting to see a parking lot full of tokin' hippies, and there were a few older groups than us but we were not the young group anymore. Lots of drunken funny happenings, nothing too rowdy. We had front row seats to a drunken boyfriend/girlfriend fight because the boyfriend looked at a pretty girl who walked by. Did we ever act that way? I'm pretty sure I did once or twice. It's funny to look at them and think, wow they are really young. A random dude in a striped shirt who was circling our cars just clapping every now and then. I'm was certain that he was searching for someone and then came to the conclusion that he was just wasted walking in circles. We were the chill group of 12 hanging out grillin and drinking a few brews enjoying ourselves. There were 4 June birthday's in the crew also and Sara and Alyssa celebrated us with a yummy cake. Matt and I saw some funny sights walking back to our car which was parked in noman's land by the way. A kid standing in the middle of road looking down at his wet sneakers in disbelief, he then drops some knowledge on us "Don't take that shortcut" picks up his shoes and strolls away. Great night! Did I mention $7 sausages? Yup, worth it!

No comments: