Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bat Mom is Home Alone

....and far less entertaining than the 1st edition featuring that cute little Culkin; this movie features and lonely injured Mom and it's just plain sad.  I really wish I had sat down to the blog 2 weeks ago to document the true crazy raw emotions I was experiencing as the 1st day of Kindergarten approached because the before and after would be a trip compare.  To say I was an emotional disaster would be putting it mildly and I was more surprised than anyone to be feeling the way I was (still am....ya know...just a tad).  In my mind Kyle wasn't only heading off to Kindergarten, he was racing out of my arms at an alarming rate to Kindergarten, high-school, college, marriage and there was nothing I could do to stop it!  For the past 5 years I have been fortunate to be present for 99.9% of everything he's done, been, eaten, watched, learned and in control of his almost entire environment and while I'm beyond thankful for every minute, it's become grossly real that it really does go by too quickly?!  Who knew all the millions of parents who say it are correct, huh?  2 weeks ago the thought of putting him on a school bus threw me straight into dry heaves and had me seriously considering home-schooling, and then I realized all too quickly that I don't know anything and had to strike that plan.  He was rather indifferent about the whole thing.  "Yeah, OK Mom I'm going to Kindergarten, I don't really feel like talking about it anymore"  Day 1 was a tough one, I won't lie.  Lots of tears shed throughout the day, lots of wondering going on and then the bus arrived to drop him off and that beautiful little boy bounced off with the biggest smile, laughing and playing with his new friends as if he'd been doing it for years.  He completed his 1st full week today and I couldn't be more proud.  So, now that I'm creeping off the couch a bit more each day I'll be focusing a lot more on the BAT in my Bat mom name from 8-4 and I'll shove as much MOM in as humanly possible from 4pm on. I don't think I'll ever get over missing our impromptu Zoo runs mid-day, mid-week though.......

1 comment:

Amigakitty said...

Erica,

Well put! Ky is gorgeous inside and out because of you and Matt. Much to be proud of!