Friday, March 19, 2010

Breast Cancer 3Day- Get something for Giving something

Dear Friends and Family,

I have decided to join the thousands of people walking the Susan G Komen Walk for a Cure 3DAY in Boston this year being held on July 23rd - 25th. I am blessed and thankful to say that I have not been touched personally by this terrible disease, but do have friends and family who have been and I walk for them. I am walking simply because I can. I am thankful that I can and I feel its important for me to walk for those who cannot, to support those who are in the middle of battle and for those who may face this one day.

I realize that there are many very important causes that need funds and this time of year a number of you will be asked for your donations in support of those causes which is why I am doing something a little bit different to raise the funds to support my walk. As many of you know I have made a rather successful mini-career out of photography and someday hope to expand into business. In an effort to raise funds for my walk and add to my photography experience I am offering a 1 hour photo shoot and in lieu of the $75 sitting fee I ask that you make a donation of your choice to the Susan G Komen 3Day Walk for a Cure. http://www.the3day.org/goto/ericajeanie

I will meet you somewhere outdoors or come to your house, spend 1 hour taking as many photos as I can and e-mail all of them to you as yours to keep. There is no copyright attached to them and you can do with them as you please. It's rather easy these days to upload them to many free sites i.e. Kodak and order as many or as little as you prefer in a variety of sizes. This is a way to help an important cause while getting a keepsake that you will have for years to come.

If this is of interest to you, please contact me at ericajeanie@yahoo.com to set up an appt. I have a variety of times and dates available and as the days are getting longer we have more sunlight to work with. Also, if you've donated already I thank you very much and send this to you asking that you pass this along to anyone who you think may be interested.

And of course, if you'd like to make a donation "just because" please do so at http://www.the3day.org/goto/ericajeanie

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Erica Grady