Sunday, February 8, 2009

Science Museum

The winter is KILLING me! Even Ky is asking me daily "Mama, is it spring yet?" I didn't care that it was 9 degrees on Thursday, we needed a day out so we packed up (not too much to pack up anymore with a 2 year old) and headed to Boston. I figured it might be a shot in the dark with Kyle because he's only 2 and how much can he really enjoy about Science, right? Wrong! He loved it! They had a cute 20 minute 3D movie about going to the moon that he loved, we ended up picking up Nana on the way which always makes things more fun, the T-Rex gave him a scare but he came around and there was a very cool butterfly exhibit. I spent some time in the bird sanctuary trying to find out the name of a bird who's call I LOVE and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when I hear it sing. 45 minutes and 100's of bird calls later I never found it....dannnng! I need to know! I wish I could whistle the call into google. Google, do you hear me?! Oh, so back to the trip...we had fun! Lots of things about the Science museum I'd forgotten about...its been quite a while! In the butterfly exhibit it was 85 degrees and sunny! If you need me for the remainder of the winter, this is where you will find me...



Kyle informed me that Blue Morpho butterflies drink the juice from falling fruit. Ok, so watching Diego is helpful.





3 comments:

Brian said...

Oh that looks like a really fun trip!!

Brian said...

PS - that is Sue, not Brian, I must be logged in as him. Also, feeling MUCH better today - worst bug ever!!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!!