Friday, January 30, 2009

A trip a Friendly's

Sunday night randomly called for a trip to for some ice cream on our cheat night, so Kell, Justin Kyle and I headed for Friendly's. While waiting for a table (why it took so long at 8pm on Sunday night in the middle of winter I'll never know) 4 little cheerleaders come around the corner to play the claw game. They are all decked out in the gear; blinding gold costume's, sparkles for days and giant ribbons in their hair. They are adorable, probably peewees on their way home from a successful competition. Giggle, giggle as they try to grab a toy from the machine. For a solid 3 minutes Kyle starred at them....in awwww, jaw dropped, mouth wide open, intently watching the girls. Kell, Justin & I are watching him because it's so cute and they are playing away. I'm thinking "oh boy, he's already checking out the chicks and he's got good taste going for the cheerleaders" (I'm bias having once been a cheer girl) I'm picturing this scene 15 years from now, him in a letter jacket (I know, I know, just go with me here) watching the grown up cheer girls pondering his next move. Then Kyle's little voice breaks my flash forward and says to me with a look of discovery "Mama, are those elf's?" (Go ahead, I'll give you a minute to stop laughing) We ALL bust up laughing....Kell, Justin, Me, the woman getting ready to seat us and the girls, ironically with little elf giggles! He starts to question himself after carefully trying to determine what they were for that 3 minutes and gets embarrassed when we all laugh. Poor thing. "No honey, but they do look all dressed up like elves." We explain the difference and the girls are still giggling. After we are seated he's still laughing and flirting with them at the table across from us. We can hear the girls telling their Mom of Kyle and they head over to our table with the teddy bear that they won from the machine. In unison " Santa wanted us to give this to you for being such a good boy!" How sweet! Then we proceeded to eat ice cream until we could puke.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Sitting here laughing & Jenna's asking why- kids say the darndest things, don't they!!

Suzanne said...

That is so funny, Er! I can picture the look on his face when we asked that!! Priceless!

BTW, funny you went to Friendly's...we have been meaning to take Evan for one of those sundaes with the cone on top of the clown face...he will love it!!

Miss you - hope to see you tomorrow!